Collegiate Parish Church of St Helen
Birkirkara is one of the ten parishes which existed in 1436, the year of the Rollo drawn up by the bishop of Malta, Senatore Mello. The parish was dedicated to St Helen, and this was also the titular saint of the church built in the 18th century and still existing today. The church became a Collegiate church in 1630 and a Minor Basilica on the 18th January 1950.
Dedication date 20 October 1782
Parish Population: 10,000