Birkirkara (St Joseph the Worker)

  • The building of the church dedicated to St Joseph the Worker started on September 1965 and constuction was completed in 1967. The First Mass was celebrated on 1st May 1967 and under the authorisation of Archbishop Michael Gonzi the church became a subsudiary of the Birkirkara parish on 16th June, 1969. In 1973, it was elevated to the status of a parish church with Fr Karm Aquilina to be the first Parish Priest.


    Dedication date 26 May 1993


    Parish Population: 5,000

    Families: 1,650

  • Parish Priest

    Rev Josef Mifsud

  • Parish Office

    71, Triq il-Bwieraq,

    Birkirkara, BKR 1212

  • Office Hours

    Tuesdays

    9.00am – 10.00am

    6.00pm – 7.00pm

    Thursdays 

    9.00am – 10.00am

    5.00pm – 6.00pm

  • Telephone

    27483245

    2148 3245 Office

  • Parish Clergy

    Rev Josef Mifsud, Parish Priest

    Rev Joe Borg

    Rev Anthony Fitzpatrick

  • Priest Preaching in the Parish

    Mgr. Tarcisio Delicata

  • Priests Residing in Parish

    Mgr Joe Galea Curmi

    Parish Pastoral Council

    President: Rev Josef Mifsud, Parish Priest

    Moderator: Mr George Saliba

    Secretary: Mr Clayton Mifsud

    Parish Economic Council

    President: Rev Josef Mifsud, Parish Priest

    Members: Mr Geoffrey Bezzina, Mr Ġorġ Cilia and Mr Tarcisio Vella 

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feastdays: 6.30 am, 9.00 am, 11.00 am, 5.00 pm, 6.30 pm (Winter), 7.00 pm (Summer)

    Saturday Evenings: 5.00 pm and 6.30 pm

    Weekdays: 6.30 am, 7.45 am, 4.30 pm (Winter), 6.30 pm


  • Sanctuary of St Therese

  • Address

    Convent of the Discalced Carmelites, Valley Road, Birkirkara, BKR 9010

    Prior

    Fr Mario Borg

  • Telephone

    2144 2858

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feastdays: 6.00am, 7.30am, 9.00am, 10.30am, 11.30am; 5.30 and 6.30 pm

    Saturday Evenings: 5.30pm and 6.30 pm

    Weekdays: 6.00am, 6.45am, 7.30am, 8.30am and 6.30 pm