The Good Sheperd Sisters

  • The Good Sheperd Sisters

  • The Good Shepherd Sisters came to Malta when their foundress Saint Euphrasia Pelletier was still living. The Sisters first opened a school at Lija but in 1868 they moved to Balzan and dedicated all their activities to young women in need of help, an activity which they had already started at Lija. Today the sisters have two homes and a convent at Balzan, and a home at Mosta. At Balzan the homes give refuge to battered wives and their children,and also refugee men, some of whom have thier families with them.

    “Ir-Ragħaj Tiegħi’’ , Community, 22, Triq Idmejda, Balzan BZN 1522; Tel. 2148 8438;

    Fax: 2148 4534

    Email: rgs@maltanet.net

    Good Shepherd Convent, 26, Triq Idmejda, Balzan BZN 1522

    Tel. 2144 2546, 2144 6410, 2144 2583

    Dar St. Euphrasia, Triq Ġwanni XXIII, Mosta, MST 1123;

    Tel. 2141 1679, 2143 3864

    Unit Leader: 75 “Sacred Heart’’, Idmejda Street, Balzan BZN 1522;

    Tel./Fax: 2148 4534; 2144 0792

    Email: rgsmalta@nextgen.net.mt