Floriana (Il-Furjana)

  • The church of St. Pubblius was still being built when Floriana became a subsidiary of the parish of St. Paul in Valletta. The church became the parish church of Floriana of its own right on the 15th March 1844

  •  

    Parish Population: 2,000

    Families: 850

  • Parish Church of St. Publius

    Dedication date 15 March 1844

  • Archpriest

    Rev. Richard Borg

  • Parish Office

    4 Triq Sarria,

    Floriana, FRN 1461

  • Office Hours

    Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays: 9.30 am - 11.00 am

    Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 4.30 pm - 6.00 pm

  • Telephone

    Office: 2124 7106 

    Home: 2143 1277 

  • Website

    www.florianaparish.org

  • Parish Clergy

    Rev Richard Borg Archpriest

    Rev John Farrugia

    Mgr Victor Zammit McKeon

    Parish Pastoral Council

    President: Rev Richard Borg, Arċipriest

    Secretary: Paul Vella

    Parish Economic Council

    President: Rev Richard Borg, Arċipriet

    Secretary: Mr Godwin Camilleri

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 10.30 am; 5.30 pm

    Saturday Evenings: 6.30 pm

    Weekdays: 7.00, 7.45, 8:00, 9.00am, 6.30pm

  • Other Churches

  • Church of the Holy Cross

    The Capuchin friary and church at Floriana were built on the initiative of Grandmaster Loubens de Verdale in 1588-89. The church took a long time to be built and was ready only in 1773 when it was dedicated. The church and friary were completely destroyed by bombs during the last war but were rebuilt between the years 1953 and 1955.

  • Priest in charge

    Bro. Publius Mair OFMCap

  • Telephone

    21234949 / 21225525

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 5.45, 6.45, 7.45, 10.00 am

    Weekdays: 6.30 and 7.30 am

  • Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes

    In 1787 the Knight Gotenberg built a small chapel dedicated to St. Mary Magdalen to be used as a refuge for people going to confession at the Capuchin friary. The chapel was rebuilt in 1918 and dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes.

  • Holy Masses

    Weekdays: 8.30 am

    On the days of the Lourdes apparitions and in May and October: 6.15 pm

  • Sarria Church

    Sarria church was built in 1585 by the knight Martin Sarria Navarra. After the plague of 1675 the Order of St. John built in its place another church dedicated to the Immaculate Conception. Each year a votive procession left St. John's and stopped at Sarria church where prayers of thanksgiving were recited. The last time the procession was held was in 1995.

    P. Joseph Borg SJ

  • Telephone

    21247116

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 7.30, 8.30, 11.00 am (English)

    Saturdays: 7.30 pm

    Weekdays: 12.35 pm

  • Church of the Flight of the Holy Family into Egypt

    This church was built during the time of Grandmaster Manoel Pinto de Fonseca in 1752. Its architect was the maltese Andrea Belli. It formed part of the Pinto Stores of the Grand Harbour, now called the Valletta Waterfront. The church which was extensively damaged during an air raid on the 16th January 1941, was restored in 1989.

    Priest in charge

    Fr Alfred Vella

    Holy Mass

    Saturday Evenings: 7.30 pm

  • Adoration Chapels

    Annunciation Centre

    Address

    Antonio Agius Street, Floriana 

    Opening hours

    9.00 am - 9.00 pm