Marsaskala (Wied il-Għajn)

  • Wied il-Għajn, also known as Marsaskala, became a parish in 1949, and the small church of St. Anne, the property of the Senglea Chapter became the parish church. The present church was built in 1953.
  • Parish Population: 13,500
    Families: 5,000
  • Parish Church dedicated to St. Anne

  • Parish Priest

    Rev. Roderick Camilleri

  • Parish Office 

    Parish Church of St. Anne 
  • Office Hours 

    Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
    4.30- 5.30 p.m. 
  • Telephone 

    21 636 878 Church 
    27 633 703 Office
  •  
  • E-mail

    parish.marsaskala@gmail.com
  • Parish Clergy 

    Rev. Roderick Camilleri, Parish Priest 
    Rev. Luke Cutajar, Vice Parish Priest 
    Rev. Victor Agius 
  • Priest resident in the parish 

    Rev. Charles Abela 

    Parish Pastoral Council 

    President: Rev. Roderick Camilleri, Parish Priest 
    Chairperson: Ms Mildred Falzon 
    Secretary: Ms Maria Xuereb

    Parish Economic Council 

    President: Rev. Roderick Camilleri, Parish Priest 
    Chairperson: Mr Patrick Anastasi 
    Secretary: Ms Mildred Falzon
    Member: Ms Grace Zammit 
  • Holy Masses 

    Sundays and Feast Days: 6.30, 8.00, 9.15, 11.30 a.m; 6.00 p.m. 
    Saturdays: 7.45 a.m., 5.15, 6.30, 8.00p.m. 
    Weekdays: 7.00, 7.45 a.m.; 6.00 p.m. (winter) 6.30 p.m. (summer) 
  • Other Churches 

  • The Old Parish Church of St. Anne 

    The church was given by the Senglea chapter to the Archbishop to be used as the parish church of the locality. 
  • Church of Our Lady of Consolation 

    The chapel, known as “tal-Markiża”, was built in the 18th century. 
  • Church of the Holy Rosary 

    The church was built in 1856 by Luigi dei Conti Manduca; in 1997 the family donated the church to the diocese.
  • Holy Masses 

    Sundays and Feast Days: 11.00am (in English) 
  • St. Anthony’s Church 

    The church was built in 1675 and even today many people visit the church to implore the saint’s help. Holy Mass is celebrated in it on the 13th June. 
  • Priest in charge 

    Parish Priest 
  • Telephone 

    2163 3703
  • Church of Our Lady of Light and St. Anthony 

    The church was built in 1748 on the site of an earlier church dedicated to St. John the Baptist, which had been closed in 1654.
  • Priest in charge 

    Rev. Roderick Camilleri 
  • Telephone 

    21 695 518 
  • Church of St. Cajetan 

    The church is near St. Thomas Bay and was built in 1657; Mass is celebrated every Saturday Evening at 7.00 pm.
  • Priest in charge 

    Rev. Remigio Saliba
  • Telephone 

    2163 3703 
  • Adoration Chapel 

    Church of Our Lady of Consolation 

    Address:

    Żonqor Street, Marsascala 

    Opening Hours: 

    6.30am - 8.00pm (winter) 
    6.30am - 9.00pm (summer)