Paola (Raħal Ġdid) (Christ the King)

  • Paola, or, as it is popularly known, "Raħal Ġdid" (The New Village), became a parish in 1910, and the parish church was the church of St. Ubaldesca, which the Government gave to the Church so that it could serve as a parish church; but this church was too small for the population of the locality and so the present church dedicated to Christ the King was built.

    Parish Population: 7,516

    Families: 2,803

  • Parish Church of Christ the King

    Dedication date 3rd June 1967

  • Parish Priest

    Rev Marc Andrè Camilleri

  • Parish Office

    Triq Lampuka,

    Paola PLA 1142

  • Office Hours

    Mondays: 9.30 - 11.30am, 5.00 - 6.00pm

    Wednesdays: 10.30 - 11.30am, 5.00 - 6.00 pm

    Fridays: 10.00 - 11.00am

  • Telephone

    2169 5022

  •  
  • E-mail

    parrocca.paola.kr@maltadiocese.org

    paolaparish@yahoo.com

  • Parish Clergy

    Rev. Marc Andrè Camilleri, Parish Priest

    Rev. Herbert Friggieri S.J.

    Rev. Keith Scicluna, Vice Parish Priest

    Rev. Gilbert Scicluna, Vice Parish Priest

  • Parish Pastoral Council

    President: Rev Marc Andrè Camilleri

    Moderator: Mr Alfred Chetcuti

    Secretary: Ms Josephine Frendo

  • Parish Economic Council

    President: Rev. Marc Andrè Camilleri

    Secretary: Mr Frank Balzan

    Members: Mr Emanuel Camilleri, Mr Noel Gatt

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feastdays: 6.30, 8.00, 9.30, 11.00 am; 6.00pm, 7.30pm (Youth Mass)

    Saturdays: 7.00, 7.45, 8.30, 10.00 am, 6.00pm

    Weekdays: 6.00, 7.00, 7.45, 8.30, 10.00 am, 6.00pm

  • Other Churches

  • Chapel of the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Apparition

    The Sisters of St. Joseph of the Apparition settled in Paola in 1910 and opened a school which, in 1926, was transferred to n. 69 Zabbar Road: the chapel is open to the people residing in the vicinity

  • Priest in charge

    Parish Priest

  • Church of St. Anthony at Għajn Dwieli

    In 1953 tha Capuchin friars opened a small chapel at Ghajn Dwieli, but they soon realised the need of building a large church, which eventually was opened for worship in 1965. The church is dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua, and marriages may be celebrated there.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev. Raymond Mercieca OFM Cap

  • Telephone

    21828157

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 7.00, 8.30, 10.00 and 11.30am

    Saturday Evenings: 6.00pm (winter); 6.30pm (summer)

    Weekdays: 6.45, 8.00; 6.30pm

  • Church of St. Ubaldesca

    The church was built in 1629 by Grandmaster De Paule. When the Order of St. John left Malta, the church became Government property, but, requested by the bishop, the Government gave the church to the ecclesiastical authorities to serve as a parish church; it served as a subsidiary parish church from 1905 to 1910 when Paola became a parish of its own right. The church ceased to be the parish church of the locality when the church of Christ the King was built.

  • Priest in Charge

    Parish Priest

  • Adoration Chapel

    M.U.S.E.U.M. Members Chapel

    Address:

    13, Triq Santa Monika, Paola PLA 1221

    Opening Hours:

    Mondays to Saturdays:

    7.00am - 4.00pm

    Sundays:

    7.00am - 12.00pm