Qrendi

  • Qrendi became a parish in 1618 and the people of the village immediately built a larger church, which later on was demolished and instead the present church was built between 1688 and 1713.

  •  

    Parish Population: 2,775

    Families: 950


  • Parish Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

    Dedication date 13 October 1782


  • Parish Priest

    Rev. Fr Glen Buhagiar


  • Parish Office

    51, Parish Street,

    Qrendi QRD 1024


  • Office Hours

    Mondays, Thursdays:

    4.30 pm - 6.00pm

    Saturdays:

    9.30 - 11.00am


  • Telephone

    2164 9395

  •  

  • Parish Clergy

    Rev. Glen Buhagiar, Parish Priest
    Mgr Emanuel Agius
    Rev. Reuben Gauci


    Parish Pastoral Council

    President: Rev. Glen Buhagiar, Parish Priest

    Moderator: Mr John Buttigieg

    Secretary: Mr Twanny Bonello 


    Parish Economic Council

    President: Rev. Glen Buhagiar, Parish Priest

    Segretary: Mr Kenneth Farrugia


  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 6.00, 7.15, 8.30, 10.00am and 6.30pm

    Saturday Evenings: 6.30pm

    Weekdays: 7.45am and 6.30pm


  • Other Churhces

  • Church of Our Lady of Mercy

    The first church was built in the 13th century in the old village of Ħal Lew which formed part of the parish of Żurrieq. The present church was built in 1650 and for a long period of time it was one of the most popular sanctuaries on the island. Every year a pilgrimage leaves Qrendi for the church just before its feast day on the Sunday after the 8th September.


  • St Matthew's Church

    This is an old church probably built in the 15th century on the edge of the Maqluba depression. It is open to the public on the Sunday after the 21st September, and for other spiritual needs. Marriages may be celebrated in this church.


  • Chapel of St Anne

    The church was built as a thanksgiving vow after the siege of 1565; it is open only on its feastday on the 26th July and for other spiritual needs.


  • Chapel of the Saviour

    The chapel was built in 1658 on the site of an earlier church; today it is used for Prayer Meetings. Lately it has been restored and is now being used for adoration.


  • Chapel of St Catherine

    The chapel was built in 1526; it is situated outside the village.


  • Chapel of Our Lady of Divine Grace

    The chapel was built in 1658 overlooking the Maqluba depression; originally it was deicated to Our Lady of Victories.


  • Adoration Chapel

    Chapel of the Saviour

    Address:

    Żurrieq Road, Qrendi

    Opening Hours:

    8.30am-7.00pm